Suction pump for tethered scars and acne scars
Hand pump that can produce 800 mBar underpressure in order to elevate tethered acne scars (the rolling type of acne scars) and depressed, tethered scars. Comes with two different size round suction cups, 16 and 20 mm diameter.
HOW TO USE THE PUMP
1) Pull out the pump body and twist it into the "locked" position.
2) Insert the suction cup into the pump. Each suction cup has its own valve and needs to be inserted with medium force. Not too loose.
3) Place the suction cup flatly against the skin. Using infadolan or some saliva just before suctioning ensures that even the most wrinkly or hairy skin can be suctioned easily.
4) Pump several times to create sufficient suction, while keeping the cup against the skin. Pumping is done by pulling the lever backwards about half way, not too far.
5) The cup will stick to the skin by itself until you pull it off.
Should be used after dermastamping or single-needling.
Suctioning skin excessively long can cause temporary hematomas and blisters - so do a test patch first and gradually increase suction time and pressure to see how the skin will react. The study mentioned 12 suctionings of 4 seconds each per treatment - this should not cause any kind of (severe) bruising or blisters. However, the best results are associated with some bruising. See great results after 6 months.
Spectacular improvement can be achieved, as seen in this forum thread on how to greatly improve acne scars with dermastamping and the suction method. The reason this works so well is due to the greatly increased blood serum perfusion into the needled scars.
The pump is not sterily packaged because this is not necessary. You can disinfect the suction cups with alcohol if you worry about infection, but disinfection is not required. The size of the smallest cup is not too large for very small scars, since the scar benefits from having blood pulled into its surroundings. In fact the cup always needs to be quite a bit larger than the scar to be treated, otherwise you need to do several treatments over the entire area.